We are looking for a Nursery Manager, 40hours a week Monday to Friday at Our Bluebell Wood Nursery, Heathfield.
In this role you would be responsible for the overall management, planning, and development of the Nursery, under the direction of the Operations Manager.
We are looking for a candidate that is able to lead, motivate and develop a staff team and be able to communicate well at all levels.
It is essential that you have experience in a deputy or manager role within a nursery.
It is essential that you have a minimum of L3 early years qualifications, minimum 5 years post qualifying experience.
Bluebell offers competitive rates of pay, staff events, and the opportunity to progress and develop your skills at work. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and supportive team putting high-quality child care at the centre of everything we do.
We offer regular ongoing training to support our staff with their learning ambitions and give them the opportunity to take ownership of their development.
We know our staff are our most valuable assets and strongly believe that hard work should be recognised.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· To be responsible for the overall management, planning, and development of the Nursery, under the direction of the Operations Manager.
· To create an environment that provides for the well-being of all the children always attending the nursery.
· To lead, motivate and develop the staff team.
· To identify training requirements for all team members. To liaise with the Deputy Manager to produce and ensure the delivery of the nursery training plan. To evaluate the effectiveness of all training carried out within the workplace.
· To be responsible for people management in liaison with the Deputy Manager reporting regularly to the Operations Manager. To include recruitment, induction, performance reviews, disciplinaries, grievances, and managing absence
· To be responsible for the efficient financial management of the nursery, ensuring that it is a commercial success.
· To produce a realistic annual nursery budget, in conjunction with the Operations Manager. To utilise monthly financial statements to ensure that the budget is on target and to report any discrepancies.
· To communicate effectively with all customers, including internal teams, parents/carers, and external agencies always demonstrating excellent customer service/care skills.
· To ensure that relevant office work and records are completed to the required standard and deadlines.
· To ensure that the safeguarding, health, safety, and welfare of the children are held to be always paramount. To include taking responsibility for dealing with any child protection issues, in liaison with the appropriate agencies.
· To ensure that adequate staffing levels are always maintained, in line with statutory ratio requirements. To include arranging staff cover and rotas.
· To ensure the active promotion and application of Bluebell Children’s Nurseries equal opportunities policy throughout the nursery.
· To ensure the nursery is running to its full capacity by booking children's places to the required levels and managing sales & inquiries effectively in line with company policy reporting regularly to the Operations Manager.
· To be aware of the high profile of Bluebell Children’s Nurseries and to always uphold its excellent standards.
· To attend out of working hours activities, including training, staff meetings, parent’s evenings, and special events & to participate or take control of organising these events & ensure that the nursery is maintained to the high standard required.
If you share our vision for high-quality childcare and are looking for an exciting new opportunity, this could be the perfect role for you. We have a strong commitment to safeguarding. The post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and references. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Bluebell Children’s Nurseries is committed to Safer Recruitment practices. The safety and wellbeing of our children and staff is our priority and we operate a robust Code of Conduct. All successful candidates will be subject to comprehensive referencing and an enhanced DBS among other pre-employment checks before commencing employment. Bluebell Children’s Nurseries is an equal opportunities employer.
Bluebell Children's Nurseries are located in Eastbourne and Heathfield, East Sussex. Renowned for its warmth, high standards of professionalism and sound early years education. We welcome babies from 3 months to 5 years of age, 5 days a week from 8am to 6pm all year round, with the option to book in for early starts and late finishes.