Childcare qualified to Level 3 / 4 from a recognised awarding scheme (CWDC Diploma, NNEB, BTEC, NVQ, CACHE). Any Level 2 candidates be accepted into the nursery but will be required to enrol onto a level 3 qualification soon after he/she started.
· Training in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
· Training in child protection and safeguarding children.
· Training in behaviour management.
· A recent paediatric First Aid certificate
Experience of working in a childcare setting for at least 6 months is preferable, however, we are prepared to take on newly childcare qualified staff.
· An understanding of children’s development and their needs
· An awareness of Equal Opportunities issues
· An awareness of Health, Hygiene and Safety in the workplace
· An awareness of special needs and requirements
· A willingness to self-improve and develop childcare skills.
· Provide high quality care and activities for the children and to recognise both individual and group requirements in a secure, safe and stimulating environment.
· Ensure you are familiar with the key policies and procedures, especially safeguarding children, equal opportunities, behaviour management and health and safety. You will be provided with a copy of the nursery’s guide to policies and procedures.
· Work in partnership with early years professionals, for example Health Visitors and SEN services.
· Within reason to comply with requests to work outside normal hours, for example to cover if staff unexpectedly have to leave the room or are called away. This includes requests from the nursery to work long days (9 hours) from time to time.
· Ensure parent issues and concerns are dealt with promptly and accurately. Ensure management are informed and consulted where relevant.
· Participate in room and staff meetings.
· Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade and character of the work as may reasonably be required by the Nursery
· Never leave the room / nursery / childcare location and put your colleagues at risk of being out of ratio – unless in case of emergency.
· Support co-ordinators such as SENCO, Equal Opportunities in their roles.
· Attend training and development courses as directed by your Manager
· Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements, looking for progression and continuity alongside the Early Years Foundation Stage .
· Ensure that no child is ever left on their own in the room / nursery / outing.
· Understand and participate in the key person system. To ensure that your own key children profiles are up to date and maintained at the required quality level.
· Ensure that you have a clear understanding of the settling of new children into your room as well as the transfer of children from your room to others in the nursery, or those going to school.
· Ensure that you attend to the all-round daily needs of the children by enhancing their physical, intellectual, social and emotional development.
· Support the children in serving their own food, milk, drinks and snacks and encourage good nutrition and sociable eating.
· Assist children with personal care, including changing nappies, assisting with toileting and other associated welfare duties. Ensure you have an up to date care plan for each child in your room.
· Action and monitor all child safeguarding / protection issues / accidents to ensure that any remedial action is taken immediately. Ensure close monitoring of children about whom there are concerns.
· Carry out health and safety checks as required to ensure the room / nursery is tidy, safe, clean and secure for children, staff, parents/carers and visitors
· Participate in free flow systems. This aids children’s development in self-assurance, independence, making choices and self-selecting.
· Work in partnership with parents/carers, recognising that parents are their children’s first educators, and encourage parental involvement in the nursery.
Address: Docklands Day Nursery
26 Fairlop Road, Leytonstone, London. E11 1BN
Docklands Day Nursery Limited is a start-up, medium sized child-care business. We offer all-day care for under-fives whilst their parents are engaged with other responsibilities. Docklands Day Nursery caters for full or part time care according to the parents’ needs, and provides play and educational opportunities as well as basic care for the child.
Docklands Day Nursery provides unique and person centred care in the development of each child under our care. We feel privileged to be responsible for the care, learning and development of the children at such tender ages and we will ensure that each Child will have a great beginning, exciting and stimulating learning experiences that will give them self-confidence, skill development and high esteem that they need ready for the future.