We have a fantastic opportunity for an Early Years Educator to join our team at West Street Nursery in Erith. Rated Good by Ofsted and 9.8 on Day Nurseries.
We are looking for a skilled early years educator who will offer our children high quality inclusive early years education and care.
About the setting:
West Street is based in the London Borough of Bexley. We have proudly severed our local community for almost 20 years and pride ourselves in providing a welcoming and inviting setting for children, families and staff alike.
Our practiced is based around supporting each child to meet their full potential. We are very lucky at West Street to have direct access to individual outdoor areas for each of our 4 main rooms to allow children to free flow throughout the day. At West Street, we are also fortunate enough to have a soft play and sensory room to provide our children with opportunities to explore, learn and develop.
We are looking for passionate role models to support our future world leaders at work and play! We provide all staff with opportunities to showcase their skills and talents to provide a balanced curriculum for our children. You will benefit from coaching from experienced members of staff at the nursery and will be supported to achieve your professional development goals. We are currently on a journey to further develop our setting, so if you're full of ideas and determination, West Street might just be the nursery for you.
As a member of staff at West Street you can expect a range of benefits including coaching from experienced staff, access to a range of online training courses, access to our staff wellbeing programme (Vitality) and 100% discounted childcare spaces. If you a passionate, dedicated and energetic practitioner, there is a place on our team for you!
What we offer:
We are proud to be part of the Early Years Alliance family of early years settings. Founded over 60 years ago, the Alliance is an educational charity dedicated to supporting the delivery of quality early years education and care to children and families.
The Alliance prides itself on being a supportive workplace and offers significant benefits for our team members including:
- Extensive training and career progression planning, including access to our Learning Management System (LMS)
- The Alliance has invested in FAMLY reducing paperwork and giving you more time to focus on the children.
- 100% discount on childcare places
- A generous workplace pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, with additional annual leave for long service.
- Birthday leave so you can have a day off for your birthday dedicated to you and your well being
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- A Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme, giving you an introductory payment of up to £300 if someone you have referred to the Alliance takes up a role in the charity.
- Vitality membership wellness and fitness app – including lots of great health benefits, rewards, telephone, and face to face counselling
- Savings of up to 25% on O2 Refresh Airtime Plan on any new phone or tablets
- A dedicated mental health First aider to support your mental well being
As Early Years Educator, you will:
- provide creative and engaging learning opportunities for children.
- be a proactive member of the team, providing a safe, stimulating, and inclusive environment
- support the nursery management team to deliver high-quality care and education in line with the setting’s policies and procedures.
Successful applicants for the Early Years Educator position will need:
- a minimum Level 2 or above Early Years Education and Childcare Qualification or equivalent.
- proven post-qualification experience of working with children.
Also, you will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
For the full of duties and the requirements, please download the job description which accompanies this advert.
Hours per week: 40
Weeks per year: 39
Interview date: TBC