Role: Room Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week
Flexi Option: Option to flex your hours over 4 day week
Salary: circa £28,000
Qualification: NVQ/Cache Level 3 or equivalent
Why join the Buttercups Family?
You are an amazing Early Years Educator who has previous experience of being a Room Leader - managing a small team and planning activities for your room. You are now ready for new challenges. With over 40 years’ experience and many Ofsted Outstanding grades, Buttercups can offer you all the training and experience you need to further your career.
At Buttercups we believe that a well-cared for team results in well-cared for children. That is why we strive to offer our staff every opportunity to develop with us to reach their full potential. We offer in-house and external training (wherever possible within working hours) including in exciting disciplines such as Forest School Leadership and Montessori. When you join Buttercups you join the whole group, so you have career opportunities across our eight nurseries. You also have the confidence of knowing that you are joining a team that offers Outstanding childcare.
Time off work is important to keep to you fresh, enthusiastic and raring to go. This is why we have introduced the Buttercups 4-day week. This allows you to choose to work your 40 hours over 4 days, giving you an extra day off every week!
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Early Years Practitioner who already has some experience as a Room Leader. You will be responsible for:
· Managing, developing and motivating a small team;
· Planning a wide range of educational activities for your room and creating engaging learning environments;
· Showcasing the room to prospective parents;
· Building excellent relationships with children, parents and colleagues;
· Delivering our ‘Learning through play’ ethos;
· Promoting child welfare and ensuring all safeguarding procedures are followed.
· 33 days holidays per year with additional day for your birthday;
· Great career path and promotion prospects;
· Further Training including in Forest School Leadership and Montessori;
· 4-day week option;
· Discount on Childcare Fees (50% from day one increasing to 66% with service);
· Fun social events throughout the year and an annual Christmas party;
· Celebration of hard work – bonuses, vouchers and social events;
· Discounts on high street shops such as Asda, Currys and PC World;
· Wellbeing Centre;
· Employee Assistance Programme.
What you will bring
· NVQ/Cache Level 3 Diploma in Early Years, NNEB, Montessori Diploma, Early Years Degree or QTS;
· Experience as a Room Leader;
· Strong knowledge of EYFS and children’s learning and development;
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Self-motivation, innovation and a positive outlook;
· Good verbal and written communication skills;
· Strong planning and organisational skills;
· Lots of energy; and above all,
· A passion for delivering amazing educational experiences to children.
A newly extended, homely nursery on Teddington High Street with bright colourful playrooms, a dedicated soft play room and a dance studio.
Facilities: Large garden with Forest School sessions.
Nursery Manager: Sam has 10 years’ experience in childcare and 5 years as Manager of our Isleworth branch. She is dedicated to developing her team.
How to get here: Nearest Station Teddington (0.5 km). Buses: 281, 285, 681, R68
What’s nearby: Situated on Teddington High Street.
Address: 133 High Street, Teddington, Middlesex TW11 8HH
Fill in an application form here:
Or email you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Buttercups is a family-run group of nurseries that has been providing outstanding care to children for over 40 years. Our award-winning settings in Acton, Ealing, Chiswick, Brentford, Isleworth, Teddington and Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire are all individually and personally managed. At Buttercups we see each child as a unique little learner. We nurture their natural curiosity, ensuring they have the best start possible.