Flexi Option: Option to flex your hours over 4 day week
Salary: Circa £25,000
Qualification: NVQ/Cache Level 3 or equivalent
Why join the Buttercups Family?
You are amazing – even if you don’t know it yet! As an Early Years Educator you are preparing the next generation for the challenges ahead; teaching them to ask questions, take risks and be mindful of the people and the world around them. We know just how hard - and how rewarding - this job is, which is why we will support you every step of the way.
At Buttercups we believe that a well-cared for team results in well-cared for children. That is why we strive to offer our staff every opportunity to develop with us to reach their full potential. We offer in-house and external training (wherever possible within working hours) including in exciting disciplines such as Forest School Leadership and Montessori. When you join Buttercups you join the whole group, so you have career opportunities across our eight nurseries. You also have the confidence of knowing that you are joining a team that offers Outstanding childcare, as it has done for over 40 years.
Time off work is important to keep to you fresh, enthusiastic and raring to go. This is why we have introduced the Buttercups 4-day week. This allows you to choose to work your 40 hours over 4 days, giving you an extra day off every week!
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Early Years Practitioner who can fill our children’s days with fun and wonder! You will be responsible for:
· Delivering our ‘Learning through play’ ethos;
· Developing innovative activities to challenge our children;
· Building excellent relationships with children, parents and colleagues;
· Promoting child welfare and ensuring all safeguarding procedures are followed.
· 33 days holidays per year with additional day for your birthday;
· Great career path and promotion prospects;
· Further Training including in Forest School Leadership and Montessori;
· 4-day week option;
· Discount on Childcare Fees (50% from day one increasing to 66% with service);
· Fun social events throughout the year and an annual Christmas party;
· Celebration of hard work – bonuses, vouchers and social events;
· Discounts on high street shops such as Asda, Currys and PC World;
· Wellbeing Centre;
· Employee Assistance Programme.
What you will bring
· NVQ/Cache Level 3 Diploma in Early Years, NNEB, Montessori Diploma, Early Years Degree or QTS;
· Strong knowledge of EYFS and children’s learning and development;
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Self-motivation, innovation and a positive outlook;
· Good verbal and written communication skills;
· Strong planning and organisational skills;
· Lots of energy; and above all,
· A passion for delivering amazing educational experiences to children.
Location Syon Park
A beautiful nursery set within the parkland of Syon House with a huge garden that wraps around the nursery. Rated Good by Ofsted.
Facilities: A dedicated Montessori room and Forest School.
Nursery Manager: Our experienced manager Aleksandra is also a qualified teacher with a Masters Degree in English Language.
How to get here: Nearest Station Syon Lane (1km). Buses: 235, 237, 267, E8, E2
What’s nearby: Set within extensive parkland and a short walk to Brentford High Street.
Address: The Garden House, Syon Park, Brentford, London TW8 8JF
Buttercups is a family-run group of nurseries that has been providing outstanding care to children for over 40 years. Our award-winning settings in Acton, Ealing, Chiswick, Brentford, Isleworth, Teddington and Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire are all individually and personally managed. At Buttercups we see each child as a unique little learner. We nurture their natural curiosity, ensuring they have the best start possible.