JOB DESCRIPTION- EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONER
Job Overview To provide the highest levels of care and education for all children attending the setting. Aims
• Provide high standards of care and education to meet the individual needs of all children
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures at all times
• Acquire and maintain positive working partnerships with staff, parents and carers Key Responsibilities • Adhere to all company policies and procedures
• Contribute to a high standard of quality within the nursery, including practice, environment and resources to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
• Ensure appropriate planning and assessment is accurately maintained for key children
• Undertake the role of key person as described in the policy
• Prepare and supervise activities
• Supervise and support children at all times
• Ensure that equality of access and opportunity is provided to all children, parents, staff and visitors • Ensure that all children are kept safe
• Notify Designated Officer of any safeguarding concerns
• Maintain a positive attitude at all times with children, parents, colleagues and visitors
• Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, parents and carers
• Ensure confidentiality, where appropriate, is maintained
• Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and undertake a shared responsibility for cleanliness and health and safety throughout the nursery
• Work as part of a team to ensure the company’s values are maintained
• Attend monthly staff meetings, planning meetings and undertake training as required
• Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line manager
The duties and responsibilities included in this job specification are not exhaustive or restrictive and can be reviewed at any time in the future, changes and other duties deemed relevant to this post may be added.
Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery Eltham, conveniently located at 1 Alderwood Road, Eltham, London SE9 2JY.
Monkey Puzzle Eltham provides full time and part time childcare sessions, in our spacious, purpose built day nursery.
Children aged 3 months to 5 years are cared for by our wonderful team of practitioners, carefully hand-picked to offer the highest level of care.
We offer children the opportunity to learn and play in carefully designed surroundings, that are stimulating and creative.
We have dedicated nursery spaces for the different age ranges, including mobile and non-mobile babies. Each room reflects the seven areas of learning as prescribed in the Early Years Foundation Stage and is designed to be accessible to every child.
Some key company points are:
If you join our team and work for us, not only can you expect a competitive salary as well and excellent training opportunities, staff also receive an abundance of annual staff benefits too!
You will become part of a fantastic team and have the opportunity to work in an amazing nursery setting with new, purpose built facilities.