10 Apr, 2023
Katey's Nursery & Pre-School
Ham, Richmond, UK
A small private nursery in Ham is looking for an exceptional, experienced, 'Pre-school Room Leader' to join our wonderful team!
- Degree in Early Years / QTS (Preferred)
- Minimum relevant Level 3 early years childcare qualification
- Minimum 2 years childcare experience
- Previous experience leading a class of up to 26 children aged between 3-5 years, and managing a team of up to 3 staff members
- Knowledge of the EYFS
Qualities you must have:
- Very strong communication skills with children, parents, Manager & staff
- Competent computer skills (email, Office etc)
- The ability to be a valuable part of a team
- Experienced at implementing the EYFS in nursery settings
- Ability to use your experience and professionalism to build on our good work
- Insistence on high standards of care and education
- Enthusiastic with a love for children and for developing their learning
- Ability to share your ideas for planning and activities
- Ability to make the room a wonderful place to be for the children-and staff
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Working in partnership with and supporting the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager to ensure the daily running and administration of the nursery, adhering to the Policies & Procedures of the company and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the National Standards.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Supervising Nursery Nurses and Students and carrying out supervisory meetings where appropriate under the guidance of the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager
- Supporting the Nursery Manager /Deputy Nursery Manager/ and organising the planning of activities in the Pre-school classroom.
- Liaising with the Nursery Manager/Deputy Nursery Manager in organising relevant staff, effective mentoring of junior staff, effective delegation and communication and promoting positive attitudes regarding the company.
- Attending regular meetings with the Nursery Manager/ Deputy Nursery Manager/ and participating in staff meetings.
- Care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Assisting with staff inductions and helping new staff to fit into the nursery.
- Providing a good role model for Nursery Nurses and Students.
- Providing feedback to the Nursery Manger/ Deputy Nursery Manager on issues relating to the nursery day.
- Addressing staff and parent queries.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenge situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Assisting the Nursery Manager and Deputy Nursery Manager participating in arranging regular children's outings.
What we offer:
* A fun and vibrant nursery with a strong leadership team
* On-going support and career development
* Up to £500 refer a friend bonus subject to probation period.
* Free onsite training
* Competitive pay/annual review
* Free uniform
* Family run
* Discounted childcare
* Meals provided
Located within a short walk from the following bus routes, 65, K5, 371
Postcode TW10 7RX
£28,000 - £31,590 Gross per annum
Private Day Nursery, Pre-School
Check if this position is based outside of the UK