SCHEDULE : permanent,full time, 5 days a week 2 days off. Usual holiday entitlement applies (20 days + 8 days bank holidays).
Start of the contract: asap
Driver/Gardener/Handyman is needed for Russian family in Kensington, UK.
They are looking for a proactive driver/gardener/handyman who can take initiatives. A self starter who does not need to be told what to do and when and just gets on with the job at hand. Quick thinking.
The driver will report directly to the House Manager and needs to notify any issues with the car and or any aspect falling under its duties immediately
The person above will have to undertake the tasks below as follows but not limited to:
Experience with similar work experience, references.
The highest level of discretion is required for this role.
Only candidates with legal right to live and work in the UK will be considered. The candidates should have excellent knowledge of London in order to always ensure the car keeps moving when driving the family and not being stuck in traffic for lengthy period of time.
- be immaculately presented (suit and tie, polished shoes, cleanly shaven)
- driving all members of family and/or their guests in a safe manner
- always abiding by highways code
- daily cleaning (in and out) of the car
- ensure the car is appropriately stocked with glass bottled water, desinfecting wipes and
- refuel the car as and when necessary
- submit any car related expenses in a timely manner
- ensure insurance, road tax and congestion charge are all paid for
- drive staff occasionally if necessary (to flower market or airport), but only on occasions
when family is not in residence.
- light gardening duties when family is in residence
a) picking up leaves
b) brushing the terraces and paved areas
c) mowing the grass
d) feeding plants & lawn regularly
e) mise en place for terraces (opening umbrellas [closing in the evening], wipe the
f) raking the gravel in Japanese garden style (front of the house and back)
- heavy gardening duties to be undertaken when the family is not in residence
a) mowing the lawn
b) jet washing paved areas
c) jet washing pavement outside the front of the house
d) picking up leaves
e) trimming bushes, buxus and yew
f) feeding plants and lawn regularly
g) overselling lawn
h) maintain the irrigation in a good working order and repair if necessary
- paint works
a) painting the outdoor benches and table annually (during April Easter holidays)
b) doing some other light paint touch up works
c) ensure the outdoors are always in immaculate condition from an aesthetic and
maintenance point of view
- small plumbing works
a) unblocking sinks
b) tightening any loose pipes
- small electrical works
a) changing a lightbulb
b) ensure all the external lights are always in functioning order
- helping housekeepers with cleaning outside areas
- helping housekeepers cleaning outdoor furniture
- bringing outdoor furniture out of garage during April Easter holiday
- putting outdoor furniture into garage during Autumn half term (mid-end October)
30 + years experience placing professional child carers and teachers from the UK and other countries. We have successfully placed thousands of professionals with high profile families in UK, Russia, UAE, the Ukraine, Switzerland and all over the world.
Why apply through English Nanny? By applying through English Nanny, you will receive professional and friendly support at every step; during the job search, before you start the job and whist you are working! Your Personal Placement Manager is always ready to answer your questions regarding the interview, visa process, contract, pre-departure preparations, tickets and any other queries you may have. Our services are free for you; it’ll just increase your chances to get a job. You take care of our clients and English Nanny will take care of you.