Job Title: Nursery Manager for a Brand New Setting Job Type: Permanent Salary: £28,000 to £32,000 depending on experience Hours: 40 Hours Per Week Monday to Friday Location: Plumstead Bresta Early Years Recruitment are looking for an energetic and passionate Nursery Manager to manage a brand new nursery setting and be responsible for all operational, regulatory and learning aspects of the role. Recruiting, leading, managing and developing the new nursery team ensuring that each staff member makes a positive contribution to children’s learning and development.
To ensure all legislation in relation to regulatory bodies, inclusion, safeguarding and health and safety is complied with and that company policies and procedures are adhered to and implemented.
Are you a talented Nursery Manager with excellent leadership skills who has a genuine passion for working with children and is committed to aiding them in their learning and development?
• To plan and deliver effective management of the nursery, in accordance with the nursery operational plan, long term plan and self-evaluation requirements. (SEF).
• To ensure the nursery complies with all relevant legislation, plus local authority and OFSTED requirements.
• To ensure the provision is of the highest quality at all times and strives to attain the highest ratings such as OFSTED "outstanding".
• To manage the nursery’s Quality programme.
• To ensure that the nursery target occupancy levels are met - in conjunction with the Proprietor.
• Responsibility for the recruitment and overall management of all childcare and other staff.
• To ensure that staff adhere to nursery policies, objectives and code of conduct.
• To ensure that there is a Parent Carer Partner committee working with the management team.
• To ensure that first and foremost, safeguarding children and staff is our utmost priority.
• To promote and maintain our reputation for providing exemplary practice.
• To manage and continuously improve the delivery of the curriculum - the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• Ensure there is supernumerary management cover 7.30 a.m. - 6.30p.m. Monday to Friday, 50 weeks of the year. (Excludes bank holidays and the period between Christmas and New Year.
If you think you have the skills required to excel in this position and have a strong desire and willingness to develop your skills and build a solid career in child care, we would love to hear from you!
A great range of nursery jobs Bretsa works with private day nurseries, children's centres, montessori schools, after school clubs, play schemes, nursery schools and primary schools right across London and Kent. From large groups to independent venues, we can find you great options.
Applying for temporary work - what to expect Are you looking for the odd day now and then to fit in with other commitments? Or an ongoing placement somewhere?
When you come to register with our friendly consultants you'll have an interview about working in nurseries, get to discuss your requirements, and show us all your documents. The consultant will help you through the referencing and DBS process and our system will send you an email each week so you know how your application is progressing.
Once you've cleared our safeguarding checks you'll be live on our system and your consultant will contact you to welcome you onboard. Then you just login to our website from your phone and update when you want to work each week and our consultant matches you to the available shifts.
Remember to get your timesheet signed at the end of each placement, get it in to us and you're paid the following Friday. You even get pay holiday pay and a pension.
Ready to start? Just click the APPLY button at the top of this page.
Permanent work At any one time we have LOTS of permanent roles available.
From Nursery Managers, Deputy Nursery Managers, Room Leaders, Nursery Nurses, Nursery Cooks, Nursery Assistants and everything in between we either already have something that is local to you, or we can find it.
Choosing your next permanent role can feel like a daunting step and we understand that. Our consultants in the office will explain the process, go through your CV to make sure it's ready to show to clients and discuss options.
Even if you're not looking to apply for a new position today we're always happy to discuss option - why not give us a call for a chat?